Ready or not ?

Forum rules

In this forum you can discuss other games than SWAT 4 and ArmA II.
1. Create just one thread per game, duplicates will be deleted!
2. Name of each thread must only contain the official name of the game.

Hello guys, Splinter here :)

Didn't see you all long time but first I need to get new PC. Anyway hope you all healthy and fine! I found an interesting title that has a great potential to become something like SWAT 4 or even more. It is ''READY OR NOT'' Ready or Not is a tactical first person shooter which places you in the boots of an elite SWAT team, tasked with defusing hostile situations in intense, claustrophobic environments. There will be 8 player coop mode, single player and multiplayer. I don't want to talk about all aspects of the game so... yeah I just copy & paste link to the website where you will be able to read about it and check trailer or screenshots. Let the discussion begin :) My feelings? I'm excited :think:

http://voidinteractive.net

http://www.vg247.com/2017/05/08/ready-o ... dern-swat/

''To fight monsters , you have to sacrifice your humanity.''
We already have a topic about this :D But I'm pretty excited nonetheless!
If you see the woman with the shotgun, kill him! ~ |ETS|TaskForce141
Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are excited
My craptop won't run the game
Chlarmi wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 8:03 pm
Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are excited
Emm... Upgrade time? :whistle: First of all let's just wait to see some gameplays etc. :) Btw. cool poem Chlarmi :clap:
Chlarmi wrote: Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are excited
Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.
And on that farm he had some chickens, E-I-E-I-O.
With a “bawk, bawk” here
And a “bawk, bawk” there,
Here a “bawk”, there a “bawk,”
Everywhere a “bawk, bawk,”
Old MacDonald had a farm,
E-I-E-I-O.
R.I.P Soap
R.I.P Ghost
Definitely looks like it was inspired by SWAT4:

Looking good so far

PS. It's my 500th post on ETS forum, yay :dance:
Need to talk about anything, need help of any kind, want to invite me to play together:
It really looks interesting so far. Looks like a combination of a few games, the lean system of Rainbow Six Raven Shield (or Swat 3) and the door mechanics, where you can open doors gently and peek through the gap.
It kind of has a Rainbow Six Siege vibe to it. Although I've never played the game, it reminds me of it. Hopefully it will be as tactical or even more than swat 4.
xyzzy wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 5:01 pm
PS. It's my 500th post on ETS forum, yay :dance:
Haha, congratulations man :D
If you see the woman with the shotgun, kill him! ~ |ETS|TaskForce141
The lean system is more like this one in Arma 3. You can lean out even behind the small shields or walls. About opening doors, it will be awesome if you will be able to open doors by using scroll. In r6 raven shield I was always opening doors just a little , throwing cs or flash and then just closing them. It was really funny :)
Really looks like a successor to the Swat series!
Focus lies on police duty and the actual aim seems to be arresting people, not just going in and gun down everything. Unlike Rainbow Six Siege it will even have doors (sad that this has to be a highlighted feature in modern tactical-shooter genre, but nonetheless great news). One trailer shows people can be cuffed (can be seen on the background video of the homepage).

-> www.voidinteractive.net

The game will also feature less-lethal weapons.
"Engage in combat with an arsenal of non-deadly weapons including pepper-guns, tasers, pepper spray, and beanbag shotguns."

And it sound like we get a huge load of tactical items.
"Over 30 Unique Items - From flashbangs to snake-cams to deploy-able ladders, players are provided with the freedom to fulfill their tactical plan."

On the site you can also fin a devoloper blog that might be interesting. Here is a video about it:
[Youtube] Ready Or not - SWAT 4's Spiritual Successor?

Overall this game has potential to be the true "Swat 5". But don't let the hype get you :)
Im sceptical until we see actual gameplay footage!

The annouced features are very promising tho.
"Um...Just one more thing..."
hmmm but looks like we must change our system to run this game :snooty: :pray:
R.I.P Soap
R.I.P Ghost
Splinter wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 8:44 pm
The lean system is more like this one in Arma 3. You can lean out even behind the small shields or walls. About opening doors, it will be awesome if you will be able to open doors by using scroll. In r6 raven shield I was always opening doors just a little , throwing cs or flash and then just closing them. It was really funny :)
And finally (I presume) doors will open the way they're supposed to, and not two ways like in SWAT4.
Yay for realism!
Let the Skyfall!
Let it crumbleee....

Get in the basket
Splinter wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 8:44 pm
I did the same thing! :D Often I would throw a frag through the small gap then close it... then the door exploded in my face... then the suspects in the room finished me off... :doh:
Wilson wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 am
And finally (I presume) doors will open the way they're supposed to, and not two ways like in SWAT4.
Yay for realism!
In Soviet Russia, door open YOU!
GenuineJellyfish wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:48 pm
Wilson wrote:
Yay for realism!
I can see even now, how someone fail to correctly scroll with mouse and instead of silent small open, they open door with the kick :lol:
Silenthunter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:34 pm
GenuineJellyfish wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:48 pm
Wilson wrote:
Yay for realism!
I can see even now, how someone fail to correctly scroll with mouse and instead of silent small open, they open door with the kick :lol:
Well... kicking the door is still an option ... :dance: :mrgreen:
TaskForce wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:15 am
hmmm but looks like we must change our system to run this game :snooty: :pray:
Well, there are no official requirements published yet. But you can expect it needs better hardware than Swat4 :)

Since it uses Unreal Engine 4, i think following requirements can be expected (comparison of other UE4 games):

Minimum:
-Dual Core 2-3Ghz+
-3-4GB RAM
-GeForce 8800 GT or better ~1GB VRAM

Recommended:
-QuadCore 2-3Ghz+
-4-8GB RAM
-GeForce GTX 460 or better ~2GB VRAM

(https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/c ... neer/13591)
(https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/c ... nted/13366)
(https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/c ... wing/13702)

The engine is about 3 years old now, so i think you won't need a top notch system, except you want to play with ultra high settings. Of course it's all speculation till this point and also extremely depends on how well the game has been optimized.
"Um...Just one more thing..."