READY OR NOT

Forum rules

In this forum you can discuss other games than SWAT 4 and ArmA II.
1. Create just one thread per game, duplicates will be deleted!
2. Name of each thread must only contain the official name of the game.

LessLuck wrote: Void is not a big studio, there are reasons why they want to delay the game. My bet is that the game is far off from 100% completed yet, most animations are not done, bug tests are not done. Most bugs will appear when they will release the beta version of the game and to not fuck everyone up with the release date, they announced Q4 of 2020 cuz they are not sure how much time will they spend to fix all of the appeared bugs.
Thats exactly my point :) ... doing animations and beta testing is not a 2 year job. Release target of Q4 2020 is indicating a rather huge makeover, dont you think?
Surely, there was no official release date mentioned before. But Dev-Blog #3 on the old page promised gameplay material - then there was a huge promo pause following with months of silence - then in 2019 they post an "Awakening" with new material and trailers, indicating an advanced development state - few days later suddenly project target Q4 2020.
Simultaneously asking for (pretty high priced) Pre-Order funds - due to budget issues? At the same time Expansion Packs are already advertised... not sure what i should think about all that.
So far I not have the impression Void is acting well planned/scheduled. I rather feel reminded of the Red Sabre Desaster.

Howsoever, imo they need to work on communicating decisions better.
Is there an official statement existing, trying to explain this massive delay; what they planning to do exactly?

Greetings
"Um...Just one more thing..."
My thoughts on the delay:
I wouldn't worry about any sort of scam here. They supposedly stated that "producing AAA title was harder than they expected", hence budget issues and delays, most likely. As Lessluck said, it's a small studio, consisting of 20 people in total, I believe.

Some facts stated by developers I came across while browsing through Reddit posts:
  • self-hosted dedicated servers will be supported
  • they are trying to find a balance between lethal and non-lethal approach concerning unauthorized use of force
  • no weirdly colored skins support, but I believe there will be some sort of "operators" as seen in R6 Siege?
  • suspects will react "differently" to less-lethal weapons used on them
  • CCTV and metal detectors might be implemented as in-game mechanics
  • HUD will be minimalistic
  • moving cuffed suspects/civilians isn't planned for now, but might be possible in the future
  • alpha version would be accessible via Steam (for supporters that is)
  • they are aiming for better A.I. than what we could see in SWAT3
  • there will be maps/areas making NVG useful
🅺🆄🆂🅷🅸🅹🅸
Columbo wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:38 pm
LessLuck wrote: Void is not a big studio, there are reasons why they want to delay the game. My bet is that the game is far off from 100% completed yet, most animations are not done, bug tests are not done. Most bugs will appear when they will release the beta version of the game and to not fuck everyone up with the release date, they announced Q4 of 2020 cuz they are not sure how much time will they spend to fix all of the appeared bugs.
Thats exactly my point :) ... doing animations and beta testing is not a 2 year job. Release target of Q4 2020 is indicating a rather huge makeover, dont you think?
Surely, there was no official release date mentioned before. But Dev-Blog #3 on the old page promised gameplay material - then there was a huge promo pause following with months of silence - then in 2019 they post an "Awakening" with new material and trailers, indicating an advanced development state - few days later suddenly project target Q4 2020.
Simultaneously asking for (pretty high priced) Pre-Order funds - due to budget issues? At the same time Expansion Packs are already advertised... not sure what i should think about all that.
So far I not have the impression Void is acting well planned/scheduled. I rather feel reminded of the Red Sabre Desaster.

Howsoever, imo they need to work on communicating decisions better.
Is there an official statement existing, trying to explain this massive delay; what they planning to do exactly?

Greetings
There is actually A LOT of time goes on to fixing bugs which will be found on Alpha and Beta stages, take into consideration that the alpha didn't even start yet. Alpha is the stage where you take a lot of feedback from the testers, analyze it, analyze the most critical issues, work on balance, maybe implement some ideas from the testers into the final product. The huge chunk of time goes to test the product on the alpha stage, because there are many things which still are to be added and require A LOT of testing. Beta is more about polishing what's already been added, so it doesn't take THAT much time, maybe only if some major issue was discovered during beta test (a very small chance that it some critical shit might occur).
I doubt it's a scam, and understand why they started selling Early access for the product, everyone wants to make money from the product as soon as possible, won't you agree ;).

About Red Sabre, the game looked like fucking shit from the beginning, there was nothing in the gameplay trailers or any gameplay footage what could say that the game will be any good. Look up at how far RoN have gone. Instead of giving us trash with live footage they give us game trailers with a bit of gameplay footage and describe mechanics, so I have my hopes up for this one and don't see any reason to be negative about it :).

P.S. They ask 40$ for beta access and full game, since when this price became expensive? O_o most AAA projects cost $60 and ask $200 more for the DLCs man :P.
Hm, i really hope the game is turning out as spiritual successor of the Swat series.
The "planned features" list from Reddit that xyzzy posted is interesting indeed. But naturally its not clear yet, what actually will be realized on release - you cant take these posts as official statements...
Officially they confirmed a campaign and multiplayer pvp+coop; at least that is a positive point in my opinion. In what quality this is realised can only be guessed at this point, though.
I reckon we have to wait until some actual gameplay footage is out (maybe from Alpha in August?) to make some educated remarks.
Maybe im a little leery, but its no wonder if you look at how publishers frequently scam their customers these days with unfinished, incomplete products... :D

P.S. The original Swat4 was about 50 bucks on release... full game with packaging and disc
"Um...Just one more thing..."