ETS Admin Mod - Version 1.1.8

1.1 is out! Here are the changes that have been made.

Version 1.1.8
  • Removed unready feature as it is not working properly
  • Added a few more tag variants to anti-tag steal system

Version b1.1.8 Changes: - marked as beta (some features need testing)
  • Player is added to connection database only when he makes fresh new connection - will not be added the next round also when map is chaning (1st optimalisation)
  • Anti-tag steal is now improved in a big way. Players tag-stealing are reported even if they drop from the server or crash during loading to the game. Administrators now can read in report what exactly happened (player was kicked, player changed his name, player dropped, player crashed)
  • Server Settings is no longer changeable by "normal" administrators and members. They still can see all settings, no windows are grayed, but clicking "Apply" or "Restart" doesn't do anything.
  • If server switches to 10 slots, AdminBot instantly switches it back to 12 slots
  • Experimental: Player's can now unready using command:
    • Method 1: kick cc unready or /unready in chat
    • Method 2: kick cc unready2 or /unready2 in chat
  • Experimental: Admins can now force unready using command:
    • Method 1: kick ac forceunready playername
    • Method 2: kick ac forceunready2 playername
    • End round timer was reduced to one minute only (if time runs up, all unsecured weapons and unreported tocs are considered as secured/vallid -> no loosing points)
    • Command /mapinfo is now without timelimit for administrators
    • Server now remembers passwords of recruits, so they don't need to login every round if they did not use shortcut
    • Experimental: Administrators can now switch server to COOP/VIP
        Restore to COOP: kick ac restorecoop
      • Restore VIP: kick ac restorevip BUG: only game mode will switch to VIP, but COOP map will stay - you need to vote map. This allows you to change server to any PvP mode.

Version 1.1.7 Changes:
- All ETS tagged players now must use their password, or they will be kicked and reported to me - I will make sure to punish you if I get a lot of PMs! :D
- Lieuthenants now have their own password providing them in-game temp-ban rights. To ban in game, select player and click on "Ban player". Button Add ban will not work for you. If you wish to ban specific IP, you need to do so via Online Banlist.
- When locking the server via (kick ac lockserver password / kick ac unlockserver), settings should apply for next rounds as well
- Little lag optimalisation
- Grammar errors fix

Version 1.1.6 Changes:
- Connected with online banlist
- WebAdmin has new butttons: "www.ets-clan.co.uk", "Ban list", "Player database", ("Logout") in the top of the page

Version 1.1.5 Changes:
-WebAdmin Panel Enhancements (new look + added public and admin chat input fields)
-No more "kick to make free room" thingy
-Default name prosecutions should now work (kicking Player and A_Edition_V2 after one minute if name is not changed)
-Known bugs:
    Players connecting after having crashed are having '2' at the end of their name, even though their crashed version has been already kicked by AdminBot

Version 1.1.4 Changes:
- Corporals can now use their password to login and use admin chat
- When a player is connecting, it shows his rank in connection message (Server Admin, Clan Admin, Clan Member, Recruit)
- No more messages "Player is connecting" when the round is switching (only show up when player connects for the 1st time)
- New admin commands:
    kick ac lockserver <password>
    kick ac unlockserver
-Known bugs:
    Default name prosecution does not work at all
    Players connecting after having crashed are having '2' at the end of their name, even though their crashed version has been already kicked by AdminBot

Bug-fix 1.1.3:

- Disallowed equipment works well now
- TOC remaining count at the end of the mission should be valid now

New things in 1.1:
  • Real-time player database
    Any ETS member can now track any player have connected to the ETS Normal server. You see complete history of anyone - all IPs, Nicknames and Connection times. After clicking on any row in connection times table, you will be given expanded information telling you, who were connecting at the similar time back then, so you can easily track witnesses. Thanks to LessLuck who helped me to get the webpage done.
    How to use this new feature?
    • Go to ets.mirascodes.com and log-in using the same stuff just like if you were login in to this site (Accessible for Clan Members Only). Put any name or nickname to search form and you will be given the results shortly
    • Do this in game! Simply use kick ac playerinfo <IP or Nickname> and you will be given similar information right to the admin chat. You can also use kick ac checknewplayer to check last connected player.
  • New force-kits
    Administrators can now use following commands to force new specific kits:
    • kick ac forceflashkit - 4x flash, 1x wedge, C2, Helmet
    • kick ac forcegaskit - 2x flash, 2x gas, C2, Helmet
    • kick ac forcenoprimary - removes any primary weapon (troll stuff)
    • kick ac forcevipkit - replaces players gun with VIP Colt (troll stuff)

• Additional changes
    • Mission Completed End Round Timer - When mission is completed and some weapons or TOC are remaining, 2 minutes timer is set. After expiring, mission is ended (all TOCs are automatically reported, not sure if weapons auto-secure works)
    • mapinfo command has reduced limit from 5 minutes to 2 minutes
    • No more rules are displayed in broadcast. Instead, any player can display them by using a new client command kick cc rules or by writing /rules to the chat
    • One secret admin command was implemented too. It will spawn around 30 Alices :-). For now, I will be the only one to know this command.

[spoiler="Version 1.0 post"]Hey guys,
I have been working hard on this mod and I believe I can say that I came up with first stable version of this mod. Go through its features again, there are lots of new things! :-)
I would like to thank to Bobby, who has helped me a lot! Not only he did very well while testing stuff, but he also became another Map Database manager and added all vanilla maps there too.

Version 1.0

• Informational message system:
    • Public
      + All regular MarkMods PRO messages
      + Different styling in COOP (Blue colored: positive feeling (suspect neutralized, arrested, bomb defused), Red colored: negative feeling (teamkill, illegal kill, civilian kill) )
      + New messages
      • Officer down
      • Unhandled hostage situation
      • Civilian incapacitated by a suspect (Hostage situlation, but civilian did not die just yet)
      • Bomb defused
      • Suspect escaped
    • Admin
      -All regular MarkMods PRO messages (except team-nade & team-tase)
      +New messages
      • Player is connecting
      • Player failed to connect (with reason:temp-banned, banned, no password, bad password, server full, invalid name)
      • Player injured cuffed suspect
      • Player injured cuffed/uncuffed civilian
  • New public client commands (kick cc <command>)
      Any message sent to chat starting with '/' will be considered as kick cc <command>.
      Example: Chat message: /view (player will join VIEW) It works with any client command (join, menu, spec, view, mapinfo, calladmin, admincall ...)
    • calladmin or admincall - Sends a PM to online admins on the forum that have access to WebAdmin Account, in case no admin is online, message to chat is being sent. Admin can be called only once per round.
    • mapinfo - AdminBot sends information about any map that is in the database to the server chat. This can be done once per 5 minutes.
    • ts - displays TS3 address
    • rate <interval from 0 to 5> - rate the current map. 5 is the best, 0 is the worst.
    • stats - shows current statistics of player (I used this for debug reasons, but I am leaving it there for now)
  • New admin commands (kick ac <command>)
      If you write any message in chat starting with '\', its text will be send to the admin chat.
      Example: Chat message: \Hey, what is up fellas? (Message will be sent to admin chat)
    • respawn - respawn all dead & new players (for some reason, I can respawn only blue team, so make sure everyone is in blue while respawning)
    • unlockall - temporarily removes all replacements for one round (all equipment is allowed, items are still in replacements list, but the replacing itself is ignored :-) )
    • forceteamchat <playername> - will force player to use team chat only - all his public messages are automatically re-routed to teamchat
    • logout - will logout player from admin
    • makesusthreat - every suspect is considered to be thread - when killing suspects, you will not get illegal kills (great for hard custom maps)
    • alertsus - will make every suspect in map alerted
    • makesusdropall - all suspects will throw their weapons on the ground
    • makevipforce - make a player VIP, even though VIP mod is not on, so you can have VIP in a COOP round.. :D
    • doorlock - will lock all doors in the game
    • extratase <playername> - will tase selected player for 999 seconds
    • tase <playername> - will tase selected player for 2 seconds
    • gas <playername> - will gas selected player
    • sting <playername> - will sting selected player
    • pepper <playername> - will pepper selected player
    • hacksting - make stinger have the same damage as C2 and 3x bigger range
  • Admin commands bug fixes
    • Force switching player (who is already in game) to change team does no longer kill him
    • Restart button will now restart even custom maps
    • All players listed in Admin Client Mods used to appear blue, even though they were in the red team - it is now fixed
  • New chat enhancements
    If you write the following to the chat, described action will happen
    • yes - vote yes in active poll
    • no - vote no in active poll
    • voteleader <playername> - vote new leader
    • votekick <playername> - vote kick
    • voteban <playername> - vote ban
  • Server enhancement
    • Mission time - You will get duration of the round in hours, minutes, seconds at the end of the round
    • Mission statistics - You will get some interesting statistics at the end of the round (COOP only)
    • Auto Custom Maps switch back - when server is empty on a Custom Map for more than 5 minutes, it will switch to some vanilla map
    • Auto Default Name Handling System - if player connects with a default name(just like Player or A_Edition_V2), he will be asked to change it first, then after one minute, he will be removed automatically
    • Connection database - Now when somebody joins, his IP, Nickname and Time of join is stored in a database (new version of this mod should make admins able to check specific players)
    • Players reconnecting after crash - if a player connects with the same name (just with '2' at the end of his name - |ETS|Col_Hunter2) and if IP is the same, it will kick the crashed version of player automatically
  • WebAdmin enhancement
[/list][/spoiler]

Code high, commit sober.
Whoa, I believe this would be great. Good luck mate!
I hate my own nickname...
Justi prepare for a new nemesis :D
Sounds like you are deploying heavy artillery, Hunter :D
Looks promising, good luck mate!
🅺🆄🆂🅷🅸🅹🅸
Great idea as always Hunter. I believe this will improve our server in a big way. Can't wait to see the finished product. Shoot me a PM if you need feedback or some help testing.
Normal server is not having this mod installed and it is ready for very first beta testing. See first post for more info.

Code high, commit sober.
I thought a "very very very beta" version is called an "alpha" version.
Bobby wrote:
I thought a "very very very beta" version is called an "alpha" version. Btw, GameTracker has been showing the normal server as offline since yesterday. This has something to so with that or is it or is it actually offline?

'alpha' is a name for application that is being both tested and developed by one person. Since I am puting this into the testing state for public, it is becoming a beta version. "Very very very" implies that I am afraid of high count of bugs. Yet, I need to go through this in order to fix that.

About GameTracker, I didn't really look into this. Server will be online most of the time, even though gametracker said it is offine. You can always try to load webadmin account page. If it loads, server is online.
In future, I will fix that game tracker.

Code high, commit sober.
There seems to currently be no way for admins to manually end the round. "Abortgame" doesn't work.
Edit: "abortgame" seems to work. But the Abort Round button doesn't.
A restart seems to reset the teams currently. It keeps placing me back on blue team.
Having a clear message why people are not able to join the server would be great, i tested your mod a bit on our secondary server and as someone probably mentioned before, the illiga/legal kills are not working well at all, it told me every second kill i did was illigal yet at the end screen there was no illigal penalties. It was pretty laggy during the rounds both when playing and as free spectate roam.(might be server or the mod not sure).

Suggestion:
- It might be a good admin feature if we could see by a players IP adress which nick names he/she has been playing with before on our server if it can be done instead of having to cross check it in the chatlogs.
If i were a dog and you were a flower, i'd lift up my leg and give you a shower
Jolty^ wrote:
Having a clear message why people are not able to join the server would be great, i tested your mod a bit on our secondary server and as someone probably mentioned before, the illiga/legal kills are not working well at all, it told me every second kill i did was illigal yet at the end screen there was no illigal penalties. It was pretty laggy during the rounds both when playing and as free spectate roam.(might be server or the mod not sure).

Illegal messages should be fix now. I have been looking into it today a bit. Not sure what was causing the lag.. but it should not be the mod. Actually, many players stated that loading is actually much faster.

Jolty^ wrote:
Suggestion:
- It might be a good admin feature if we could see by a players IP adress which nick names he/she has been playing with before on our server if it can be done instead of having to cross check it in the chatlogs.

This feature is coming soon. I want to fix all things first and make it more MarkMods like.

Code high, commit sober.
It's great to have more information on what's going on! However please don't forget to spell correctly the word "illegally" (double l's).

Also, is there a way to debug the problem when a suspect aims to kill and is shot down by SWAT but there is a cover, or from another room, the game often miscontrues this to be an illegal kill?
Just tested it yesterday and it's great so far,
but just wondering In what case can the new tase command be useful really? I don't see any.
Jolty^ wrote:
Suggestion:

Won't this interfere with undercover join?