SWAT 4 : Music Overhaul

---- Description --------

In August of last year I set out to create a mod that changes the audio that is played on the radio stations. Ultimately it failed because no matter what I tried the sounds would not play in-game. However, after a bit of experimentation in Audacity, I found that I could finally do it. And I said to myself, "Why stop at radio stations?". The original OST (while amazing) gets old after about... 12 years of listening to it? :think:

So! I bring you the finished music pack of your dreams! It took a lot of attention to detail to make sure most the the tracks looped seemlessly and in the end the effort was definitely worth it. I wanted to preserve the atmosphere of both the intense and eerie maps that are in the game and to do this I used a wide variety of soundtracks from many genres. Feel free to take a look at the video below to sample the audio currently in use for each map. :D Bear in mind there is more in this pack then what you see in the video, check the 'content' tab for the extra bits.

---- Demonstration Video --------

---- Installation --------

DOWNLOAD HERE
Current Version - v1.0

1. First MAKE A BACKUP of your Content/Sounds/StreamingAudio folder. You will need to do this if you wish to uninstall the mod in the future.

2.a. Place the 'Contents' folder into your SWAT 4 root directory folder
(C:)>Program Files (x86)>Sierra>SWAT 4

Or

2.b. Place the audio files found in 'StreamingAudio' into the StreamingAudio folder of your game directory
(C:)>Program Files (x86)>Sierra>SWAT 4>Content>Sounds>StreamingAudio

3. Confirm YES to overwriting any files.

---- Content --------

01-Food Wall Restaurant.
02-Fairfax Residence.
03-Qwik Fuel Convenience Store.
  • +Nice chill storefront shopping music. :eusa-whistle:
04-A-Bomb Nightclub.
05-Victory Imports Auto Garage.
06-Red Library Offices.
  • +Replaced Muzak3violin to Arcangelo Corelli : Concerto Grosso in D Major, Op.6, No.1
  • +Replaced Muzak3violin1S to Frühlingsstimmen op. 410 - Johann Strauss II
  • +Replaced Muzak3violin2S to Mozart - Serenade No. 13 for Strings in G major, K. 525 'Eine kleine Nachtmusik' I. A
07-Northside Vending and Amusements.
08-DuPlessis Diamond Centre.
  • +Replaced ugly violin buzz in the main lobby to a nice smooth elevator tune.
09-The Children of Taronne Tenement.
10-St.Micheal's Medical Centre.
11-The Wolcott Projects.
12-Old Granite Hotel.
  • +New elevator music. :violin:
13-Mt.Threshold Research Centre.
All Radio Stations.
Main Menu Theme.

---- To Do/On hiatus --------

EXPANSION :
14-Funtime Amusements.
15-Sisters Of Mercy Hostel.
16-Sellers Street Auditorium.
17-Department of Agriculture.
18-Drug Lab.
19-Fresnal St. Station.
20-Stetchkov Warehouse.

---- Requests --------

PAYDAY 2 OST - Wanted Dead or Alive. -Added
Max Payne OST's -Added
Hitman Series OST's -Added

---- Bugs --------

None reported...

---- Soundtracks Used --------

Judge Dredd : Dredd Vs Death OST
No More Room In Hell OST
Payday 2 OST
Solar Fields (Mirror's Edge) OST
Time Splitters - Future Perfect OST
Silent Hill 4 : The Room OST
Max Payne 2 OST
Hitman 3 : Contracts OST
Splinter Cell Blacklist OST

---- Changelog --------

v1.0 RELEASE - Completed the entire Original OST + Radio Stations.
v0.6.1 BETA - Added missing 'Muzak2.ogg' file.
v0.6 BETA - Added FoodWall, RedLibrary, Hospital, Hotel, Tenement, Main Menu theme and ambient noise.
v0.1 ALPHA - Added RedLibrary, JewelryHeist, ArmsDeal and all radio stations.
Oy Jelly, that is some nice stuff you made there, I think I'll give it a try. :)
Some people just need a high five.

In the face.

With a chair!

:obscene-birdiered:
Hellpatrol wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:15 am
Oy Jelly, that is some nice stuff you made there, I think I'll give it a try. :)
I'm sure you in particular will enjoy the radio stations. :lol:
The first one is from payday right? :lol:
Nice work, I'll use it :D
The chosen one who will be dead in every single round --- |ETS|Neo :lol: :lol: :lol:
It didn't took me a lot of time to realize it's Payday's OST (spending nearly 800h in it does the trick lol). But I'm not complaining, Payday 2 OST is amazing, and I don't even like electronic music in general (with some exceptions). Good job Jelly, I fully approve of this project and if you need help of any kind, feel free to ask, I will wait for full version before downloading though, I'm not fond of incomplete stuff (and it's not the offense, just my preference ;) ).

Any chance of putting "Wanted Dead or Alive" track in here? This one. "Dynamic phase" starts around 1:10, before that is "Stealth phase" BGM.
xyzzy wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:44 am
Any chance of putting "Wanted Dead or Alive" track in here? This one. "Dynamic phase" starts around 1:10, before that is "Stealth phase" BGM.
I'll add it to the list. The Payday 2 OST will be featured in a few maps, but the rest will contain other tracks. I want to try and fit the scenery as much as possible, Taronne Tenement for example I wont be using EDM. The map has dead children in the basement (eww) and so I want to try something more ominous/mysterious. As much as I love EDM I can't splash it everywhere. :D
A Swat music overhaul? Interesting project. Definitely will try this out :clap:

If you looking for other soundtracks i would suggest following tracks:

MaxPayne OST - especially i can imagine the music of the "dream" sequences are a good fit: very good ambience sound and extremely suspenseful.
https://youtu.be/lYIYYUSrwQs?t=1109
https://youtu.be/as9BCiK16d0?t=1563

Also i think some songs from hitman franchise (by Jesper Kyd) would work well with swat.
https://youtu.be/tUSJ4z2jqSo?t=2880
https://youtu.be/yBazgcmSQXI?t=2443
https://youtu.be/958OBRLyuko?t=3035
also for these music usually there is a "ambient" and a "action" version available

Yes, um just my ideas tho, with some "older" input :)

Btw why it is not possible to rework the TSS files? Do they use a different audio format or are there problems with the anti-cheat protection?
"Um...Just one more thing..."
Columbo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:51 pm
If you looking for other soundtracks i would suggest following tracks:

Btw why it is not possible to rework the TSS files? Do they use a different audio format or are there problems with the anti-cheat protection?
Oooh, I like the hitman OST, might try to sneak one in here and there. If I don't think they suit a map I could compile on 'Optional' file for you to use personally, if you are interested. :?:

As for the TSS audio files, well, they don't actually exist. In the Content>Sounds>StreamingAudio directory, only the original SWAT 4 audio is found. Under ContentExpansion>Sounds>StreamingAudio there are two files, one for ambience.uax and one for weapons.uax. I opened these using Dragon Unpacker and neither contain the OST's for the TSS maps. Which is why I'm confused... where are they? :think: I've even checked the ScriptedVO folder to see if they were shoved in there but to no avail.
Version v0.6 BETA - Added FoodWall, RedLibrary, Hospital, Hotel, Tenement, Main Menu theme and ambient noise.

Changelog and OP updated to include the latest version, let me know if you have trouble with the google drive link. Furthermore, don't be shy to make requests, if it doesn't work for me, I can always make them an Optional file for your personal use if you wish to see it in-game.

Most importantly, let me know what you think of the new audio. I've finished half the maps as of now and any criticism/bug report is much appreciated! :handgestures-thumbup:

EDIT: Added missing 'Muzak2.ogg' file.
Tested your package with some default maps. Really nice change. Everything matches well imo.
As for the suggested soundtracks - if you not want to add them, optional files would be nice. Tho its hard to predict for me if/how they work out in the game :)

For the TSS music i searched in the game folder and i can tell you: the TSS music is not packed into .uax or .umx files.
Everything is there - in .ogg format, same as the default music. They simply changed the location to "LocalizedContent" folder. :D
e.g. SWAT4\ContentExpansion\LocalizedContent\int\Sounds\StreamingAudio
So should be possible to edit them as well.

For the alarm beep.
You can open and edit swat4's .uax files with the swat editor that comes with the game
--> SWAT4\Content\System\SwatEd.exe
in Editor select "View"-"Show Sound Browser" --> Import/Export
Not sure about the anti-cheat here tho - unreal files might be checked with crc32 and possibly cause version mismatch... needs testing

Keep it up.
Columbo wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:40 pm
Tested your package with some default maps. Really nice change. Everything matches well imo.
As for the suggested soundtracks - if you not want to add them, optional files would be nice. Tho its hard to predict for me if/how they work out in the game :)
Awesome to hear, was thinking maybe I went a little too far with Tenement, seeing as it doesn't fit with the other maps. For the optionals, I was thinking about making the track(s) into "Dyn1 Dyn2 Dyn3 Quiet1 Quiet2", where you can then rename them to "RedDyn1, e.t.c".That way, you could rename the track into any map you want.
Columbo wrote:
For the TSS music i searched in the game folder and...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES :D
So glad you found them, will definitely add them to the 'To-Do' list. Now it can actually be compete. Current version stands at 0.6 but now I'm not close to halfway done. lol
Columbo wrote:
For the alarm beep.
You can open...
Ill give that a shot for a final version, and test if it is possible.

Thanks for the all the help mate. I really appreciate it! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
I made a test file for the alarm beep. The modified wav is called "FireAlarm1".

Link removed

Put the file to \SWAT4\Content\Sounds and replace the original file.

MAKE BACKUPS!

I can confirm the game is not crashing on the modified file.
To confirm anti-cheat compatibility simply join a protected server with either default UCC check, MarkMods-Anticheat (SMAC) or Antics running "Old Granite Hotel" ...
Again, it's a test file. Use at your own risk.

EDIT: NOT working, brings up "version mismatch in file SW_ambients.uax"
idk if this has been explained already but fyi this will work on mp servers.
edit: welp my bad i thought modifying anything wouldn't let you join
Aladeen wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:17 pm
idk if this has been explained already but fyi this will not work on mp servers. i had an insurgency sound mod and would not let me join any game.
Thats not correct.
Swat4 is not Insurgency. The new music will work in MP without problems, because the music is not packed into Unreal-files. The music has Vorbis-ogg format and these files aren't checked by UCC (Unreal conformity check) or SMAC (MarksMod-AntiCheat).

With the music I had no problems on any server so far.
The annoying fire-alarm at Old Granite on the other hand actually is packed in a Unreal-uax container and thus checked by servers - but thats a whole different story...
Great job mate. Not really playing swat but listening through your sample video left me in awe. Nice choice of music too.
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me.. But really, you're not even close."

"I don't care if this is the end...So...I'll use everything."