SWAT 4 : Swedish Police Radio [v1.0]

Update 2017-08-10 (v1.0)
- All the radio calls that are used in CO-OP mode has been edited; milestone reached.
- The '.zip' containing backup files has been updated accordingly.

Update 2017-08-09 (v0.5)
- All mission-specific radio calls from Lead and TOC used in TSS missions has been edited.
- A backup of the original files from the 'ScriptedVO' folder for both the original and TSS has been attached.

This mod works for both singleplayer and multiplayer.
Subscribe to this post to stay tuned for updates.

If you thought the Swedish 'Piketen' skin (made by Fireline) wasn't enough to give you the feeling equivalent to eating KÖTTBULLAR OCH MOS, then this is for you.

I have tampered all the radio call sound files that are at least used in CO-OP mode (e.g. reporting to TOC and other radio conversations),
adding 3 sounds that are used from the classic-swedish police radio that indicates the...
  • Start of a transmission
  • End of a message
  • End of a transmission

Note that important or mission-related radio calls in game are indicated with the long beeps heard from the video,
common radio calls such as reporting a cuffed person, has the long beeps excluded, leaving the mixture of short beeps still there.
This is to avoid hearing this long single beep (which is easy to get annoyed by if it is so often heard) everytime you report something.

DOWNLOAD MOD (v1.0; ZIP-format)

Download backup for uninstallation (Original & TSS; ZIP-format)

Installation

1. Download and extract the '.zip' file at any location other than the 'Content'/'ContentExpansion' folders.
2. Copy both the 'Content' and the 'ContentExpansion' folder inside the extracted folder.
3. Paste into the 'S.W.A.T. 4' folder containing the original 'Content' folders (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\S.W.A.T 4\) and "replace all".

Uninstallation

1. Download and extract the '.zip' file containing the backups at any location other than the 'Content'/'ContentExpansion' folders.
2. Copy both the 'Content' and the 'ContentExpansion' folder inside the extracted backup folder.
3. Paste into the 'S.W.A.T. 4' folder containing the original 'Content' folders (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\S.W.A.T 4\) and "replace all".
Hey there Ragdoll

A very unexpected and unusual idea, but certainly interesting to look at! My only down side with this is, as soon as you edit the vanilla files, you'll have issues trying to join multiplayer servers. At least it's like this when you edit texture files, I'm not sure about sound files etc. But this made me think, it wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe create a Swedish police mod for Singleplayer. Combining it with existing mods and editing the textures of the officers.

There is also a 2nd Piketen skin I never released, but looks a bit better in my opinion. It looks almost the same, apart from a different vest and pants texture...
If you're interested to see that, I'll upload it somewhere so you can download it.

Back to topic:
Certainly something to try out and I like the creativity behind it. Keep doing what you're doing, not many people still try to edit the game files nowadays. :)

~ Fireline
If you see the woman with the shotgun, kill him! ~ |ETS|TaskForce141
Fireline wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:45 am
Hey there Ragdoll

A very unexpected and unusual idea, but certainly interesting to look at! My only down side with this is, as soon as you edit the vanilla files, you'll have issues trying to join multiplayer servers. At least it's like this when you edit texture files, I'm not sure about sound files etc. But this made me think, it wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe create a Swedish police mod for Singleplayer. Combining it with existing mods and editing the textures of the officers.

There is also a 2nd Piketen skin I never released, but looks a bit better in my opinion. It looks almost the same, apart from a different vest and pants texture...
If you're interested to see that, I'll upload it somewhere so you can download it.

Back to topic:
Certainly something to try out and I like the creativity behind it. Keep doing what you're doing, not many people still try to edit the game files nowadays. :)

~ Fireline
Hi Fireline, thanks for the feedback!

I had no problems so far testing this on the ETS server, the scripted radio calls are in '.ogg' format and should work in multiplayer in comparison to editing '.uax' sound packs,
because I found out not long ago that joining a server with '.uax' pack(s) that does not match with the one(s) registered on the server instantly kicks you out,
but that isn't the case for the '.ogg' files (as you could tell the first time from using Jelly's music overhaul, which only involves replacing '.ogg' files), which is pretty silly. :think:

The radio calls despite having increased length from adding these noises doesn't get interupted or overlapped by the next one in a conversation usually between Lead and TOC unless
another radio call is triggered by a user, for example, reporting a cuffed suspect to TOC, cancelling the conversation.

I also tampered the initial dispatch sounds from SWAT 4, but not for TSS since I disabled it from the start (by deleting them, the toolkit app doesn't back them up before).
So if you or any other users still have them inside the 'ScriptedVO' folder (...\S.W.A.T. 4\ContentExpansion\LocalizedContent\int\Sounds\ScriptedVO),
I would appreciate your efforts of attaching them here, you can attach the whole folder instead if you'd like, doesn't matter for me. :)

A complete swedish police mod sounds pretty dope to me, makes sense to adapt it to singleplayer because most people don't take the time to download mods just to join a server that requires it,
again, restricting edited sounds from '.uax' files is silly, reminds me of the same frustration when making mods for 'Left 4 Dead 2',
you can modify basically anything fine but some of the music follows a FIXED length that restricts music mods that either has a decreased or increased length in playtime.